Sunday, November 30, 2008

That's what Friends are for!

I have really been thinking lately about my friends and family. The people who influence myself and my family everyday! Oh how lucky I am to have such great people in my life. The last couple of months has really opened my eyes to this topic. I have a dear friend who was diagnosed with cancer. She was a wonderful mother to eight children and she just was a shining example to me. She was always involved in her children's lives and also in the church. She was my neighbor when we lived in Gilbert. And we had lots of fun times. This horrible disease took her very fast. She lived for three months and fought a hard fight. She has gone to be with our Father in Heaven but I know that she has taught me and many others lots of lessons. My life has been truly impacted from knowing Shelley Conway and she will never know how many lives she has touched. I pray everyday that the spirit of our loving Father in Heaven will be with her wonderful husband and their eight children. May we all remember to hold our children and take time for those little moments of reading a book or playing a game with them. They are so precious and need our time and love.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sorry to hear that she passed away. That was fast. Why do somethings have to happen? Only He knows. I'm glad we have the gospel to hold tight too. It sure puts things into perspective and makes us realize what really is important. Love you.

Robin said...

Thanks for sharing. It's always good to know that we can learn from others trials and hopefully it will make us wake up and take advantage of every moment our lives.