Thursday, January 28, 2010

I love my Heritage!


I have been thinking alot lately about my heritage! I was born to great parents and they raised me and taught me the importance of eternal families and the Gospel. I was also raised with wonderful examples around me. As I look at my own children I am so glad that they too have those same wonderful examples around them. As I am getting older it is harder for me to think about my life without my grandparents. Some of those sweet people in my life have already gone to the other side. Oh, how I miss them and sometimes wonder if I should have been better about learning more about them and spending more time with them. My Grandma Elda is still here and I don't know how much more time we will have with her. She is a strong lady however she is getting up there in her age and her recent fall has surely taken a toll on her body. My heart feels heavy today because I don't want her to go and I know that none of us have any control over that. It makes me think about what I need to do better in my life, for my husband, children, & family members. My Grandma Elda is such a great example of Christlike Love and she always serves other. I want to be just like her! I had some special times visiting with her while she was here in Mesa. If you asked her how she was doing, she would say "Oh, I am doing ok, but how are you?" And she always wanted to know how the kids were doing. I love her so much and I am truely blessed to have such wonderful grandparents in my life.

1 comment:

Robin said...

Enid was just saying how christlike Grandma Elda was too. She was always so kind to me. She was loved and will be missed by all. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Love ya.